Old January 23rd 05, 04:57 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 23 Jan 2005 07:16:38 -0800, )
wrote:

I've seen faster skiers pass with no warnings given, only to startle the
slower skiers who had no idea anybody was behind them. It can be a
disastrous reaction.

I do the same thing when I'm biking, just think it's common courtesy.

It's idiotic on a bike. You should pass someone with enough space
that it doesn't matter. And if they are "startled" by another road
user passing them at a reasonalble distance (say a few feet away --
the space a car shoudl give you when passing), then they have other
problems. I approach skiing the same way.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com