Old January 23rd 05, 03:05 PM
32 degrees

You just made me bust out laughing sknyski.
Thanks.
Gotta love it when people let down their political politeness and just give
their thoughts.
I wanted to tell the guy who asked about dogs on the trail to "keep your
stupid dog at home and let him run in your back yard" but I didnt.
Wish I had now.
JK

"sknyski" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is retarded. Do you honk each time you pass a car on the freeway?
Trails are usually more than wide enough to accompany two skiers (a
fast one and yourself) without the faster one having to call out a
warning each time. Not to sound like a complete asshole (it's hard,
trust me), but if I'm skiing at a place like Royal Gorge I'd go hoarse
by the end of the day calling out a warning each time I went past
someone. I just give people a wide berth, go around (instead of
yelling track and expecting them to move), and on occasion saying
hello.

Each sport has its own ettiquette. I don't know what the rules are in
cycling (though the weekend Lance Armstrongs who regularly blow by me
don't say anything and I don't care). I have a suggestion - since you
are obviously a newbie, why don't you find out first what the sport's
etiquette is before you start lecturing us about what it should be?
I've been skiing over 30 years and occasionaly some clown (maybe once
every couple of years) will holler at me for not warning him. The last
time was some bearded-weirdo granola muncher, obviously from Berkeley,
who chewed me out after slipping by his out-of-control body while going
down a hill. I almost threw him into a snowbank.

Ok, guys (GC, JFT, and the rest), let me have it.

bt

wrote:
I've seen faster skiers pass with no warnings given, only to startle

the
slower skiers who had no idea anybody was behind them. It can be a
disastrous reaction.

I do the same thing when I'm biking, just think it's common courtesy.

BC

http://mail2web.com/ .