Old December 16th 03, 09:24 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 at 19:05 GMT, MattB penned:

Yep, the better bump skiers make the better lines, to a point. I
wouldn't send our fair friend Monique to some big, heavily pounded
competition course. I've skied some courses with ruts you could hide a
VW in. The skiing surface alternated between boilerplate hard and
pummeled sugar. Neither are particularly forgiving for the uninitiated
(or anyone else).

Your fair friend Monique definitely has no interest in such things, at
least not for now. I've seen some scary moguls, especially in the east.
I distinctly remember traversing this run with frozen-solid moguls the
size of VW busses -- though I'm having trouble remembering where. It
was either white heat at sunday river or outer limits at killington. Or
maybe it was some totally different run. Anyway, scary stuff.

The powdery fluff-moguls are probably my best bet right now -- they slow
me down so that I don't feel so overwhelmed.

--
monique