Old October 12th 03, 01:45 AM
Gilbert Baron

Default Whistler info

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:45:48 -0700, Terry Morse
wrote:

Dan Morgan wrote:

I know that the amount of snow required for good
skiing/boarding depends from resort to resort (i.e. some resorts can
get away with less snow than others) but do you know if Whistler needs
a lot to be good?

I've only skied there when it has had lots of coverage, so I'm not
one to judge how much snow Whistler needs to cover the rocks.

I was there in March a few years ago and the snow had been about 1/2
of normal. There were no rocks in bounds, out of bounds I am not sure.
The base was BAD 3 days of 6 with 2 of rain but the upper half was
always good EXCEPT 1 day of fog when without my altimeter I think I
would have died :-)