Old August 3rd 03, 10:15 AM
Dan Morgan

Default Whistler info

Terry Morse wrote in message ...
You were a month too soon. All of the snow fell in Apri:

ARGH!

The Climate Prediction Center says that El Nino is fizzling, but
there's no sign of La Nina. What do these mean? El Nino means dry
conditions in Whistler and wet conditions in Tahoe. La Nina means
wet conditions in Whistler and dry conditions in Tahoe. The last La
Nina was 1999, when the entire Pacific Northwest got hammered with
snow.

Thanks for the info, I've checked out your links page and had a look
at snow-forecast.com and at the CPC. DO you know of any sites with
historical information so I can get an idea of past trends (e.g.
generally better in early Feb)?

Many thanks for the help

Dan