Old February 23rd 10, 09:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Olympics

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:56:10 GMT, Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

Switters wrote in
:

Well, some of the old regulars are out there reading.

Must say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the snowboarding at the Olympics.

The boarder cross is always a great event.

One that I really like is the boarder/skier cross tag-team race. Not at
the Olympics yet, but we'll see. :-)

I watched the skier cross event last night, which was bonkers in the
earlier rounds but later rounds were mostly decided by the first man into
the first corner.

At least with things like moguls or ski jump a large
portion of the score is time or distance.

That's something I don't really get with the ski jump - the need to have
"style", in flight and with the mandated telemark style landing.

I am also waiting on the || GS this coming weekend. Definitely
pulling for old man Klug!

Slalom races don't really do anything for me.

Dave

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162