Old March 20th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
delltodd

Default Big Man Skate Rollerskis

I have a ski buddy who weighs about 200 pounds. He needs to get some
skate rollerskis. Terrain is primarily asphalt rails to trails.

What skate rollerskis should a Big Guy consider ?

If I had to start over (147 pounds) I would probably go with a new
pair of Marwe's. They feel great, and plenty of very good skiers are
on them.

But the Marwe's are a light design, are they sturdy enough for a 200 #
skier ? Will he burn thru wheels ?

One buddy (170#) swaps his Marwe's (right for left) at every
turnaround when we do a long out & back.

I know one other Big Guy (220#), and he goes for the old school V2
little wheel model. But I think everyone would agree that there is a
safety factor loss with the little wheels. What he gains is wheel
life.

I currently have the little blue wheel proski S2. They are fine, but
that wheel does wear away noticeably, and I'm not very big. I'm sure a
Big Guy would shave that wheel down quickly. They are intolerable on
chipseal, but fine on standard issue asphalt.