Old December 16th 05, 08:33 PM

On 2005-12-15, HeadOverHeals penned:

[snip]

Now I am about to take them to the shop to have it all installed and
mounted, but I am concerned that it seems the skis have alot of flex to
them. I can squeeze them together with two fingers. Do the bindings
and mounting plates stiffen them up? Did I go with a too small or
lightweight ski? I am a beginner so I went that direction. The skis
come to about my top lip and I was told by the rental shop in Loveland,
that is where I should be at until I get more experience then I can go
with a longer ski.

I haven't bought newbie skis in quite a while, but some thoughts:

Skis are a lot shorter than they were 10 years ago. I wouldn't worry
about these skis being too short for a good long while.

Stiffness also isn't as important as it was 10 years ago. In skis,
that is.

Now, about that plowing. Take the cash you saved in buying your gear
and invest in some lessons. You're almost certainly on shaped skis,
and you want to use a different technique than you were taught 10
years ago. While you're taking lessons, talk to the instructor about
gear. S/he will be in a better position to help you, having seen you
and your skiing style.

--
monique
Longmont, CO