Old December 12th 05, 11:01 PM
HeadOverHeals HeadOverHeals is offline
Junior Member

Location: Aurora, Co
Question A little equipment info

For starters...HI!!!

I have been on many forums but mainly towards Ford trucks....so I thought I would come here for Ski info since I am a newbie.

I went skiing for the first time in about 10 years just last week. Loved it more than I remembered so I started shopping for ski equipment. Now, I am only 5'9", (ok...I am being honest here...Ugh). weigh 180, and when I was skiing before, I only went about 6 times and so I am putting myself in the mid novice range since I can get down a blue run without crashing, although I still have problems with parallel turns so I tend to "plow" my way down the hill.
I just picked up a new set of 154cm Rossignol Driver X6 skis, (2005 and not the Women's X 6L), New boots that I got fitted at the sports shop, (Nordica Easy Move), and a set of used, but in great condition Rossignol FD 70 bindings.
Now I am about to take them to the shop to have it all installed and mounted, but I am concerned that it seems the skis have alot of flex to them. I can squeeze them together with two fingers. Do the bindings and mounting plates stiffen them up? Did I go with a too small or lightweight ski? I am a beginner so I went that direction. The skis come to about my top lip and I was told by the rental shop in Loveland, that is where I should be at until I get more experience then I can go with a longer ski.

I couldn't resist at the price for the skis for $42 and yes they are new. Just got them and they still had the factory plastic layer I had to peal off. The bindings were only $28.

Thoughts? Digs? .....laughing?

Thanks all!