Old March 14th 04, 09:46 PM
Iain Bishop

Default Moving to the UK...Dry Slopes!!! Eeek!

I would say you really need something thats about 5 metres wide, but it
depends on how steep it is. If its very steep, you're going to be doing more
travelling across the 'slope' and so you need something wider. I didn't have
my board in Harlow, so don't know of anywhere specifc. I usually just try
and find really quiet roads and look behind me after every turn. Or if you
can find a quiet one way road (where all the traffic is going up the hill),
then you don't have to worry about a car coming behind you, you can see any
cars in front of you. I usually just cyle around looking for somewhere
suitable.
I've heard multi storey car parks are good, but haven't tried them and
they're steep so you wouldn't want to learn there.
Has that park replaced the ski slope then?

"David Brown )" wrote in message
Hi Tommy,

I lived in Harlow,
Actually I envy you. I now live in Sydney, Australia where I just wish

they
had dry ski slopes. The only out of season riding I can do is on my

Freebord
which is even less like snowboarding than dry slopes and involves

walking
up
hills, and trying not to get run over by cars when coming down.

Hello Iain,
Did you have a freebord when you lived in Harlow? I live in Harlow and
bought a freebord a few months ago but haven't had a chance to use it yet,
mainly because of having no pads or helmet and being too scared ) but
also coz I don't have a car and there are few hills in Harlow. How wide a
strip of path do you need?
I was thinking about the cycle track that runs from the top of the

greyhound
hill along the ridge to school lane and down school lane to the greyhound.
Then it's just a short walk back up the greyhound hill. Is a cycle track
wide enough to learn on a freebord? (taking into acount that the cycle
track I'm talking about runs along a ridge with a steep slope either side)

Cheers
(The pic below is Harlow Town Park BTW)
--
David Brown )