Old March 12th 04, 01:41 PM
David Brown :o\)

Default Moving to the UK...Dry Slopes!!! Eeek!

Hi Tommy,

I lived in Harlow,
Actually I envy you. I now live in Sydney, Australia where I just wish

they
had dry ski slopes. The only out of season riding I can do is on my

Freebord
which is even less like snowboarding than dry slopes and involves walking

up
hills, and trying not to get run over by cars when coming down.

Hello Iain,
Did you have a freebord when you lived in Harlow? I live in Harlow and
bought a freebord a few months ago but haven't had a chance to use it yet,
mainly because of having no pads or helmet and being too scared ) but
also coz I don't have a car and there are few hills in Harlow. How wide a
strip of path do you need?
I was thinking about the cycle track that runs from the top of the greyhound
hill along the ridge to school lane and down school lane to the greyhound.
Then it's just a short walk back up the greyhound hill. Is a cycle track
wide enough to learn on a freebord? (taking into acount that the cycle
track I'm talking about runs along a ridge with a steep slope either side)

Cheers
(The pic below is Harlow Town Park BTW)
--
David Brown )