Old January 25th 07, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

Default Klolsters now (was Flying metal)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:01:49 +0000, Pete Fisher
wrote:

In communiqué , Pip Luscher
cast forth these pearls of
wisdom
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:04:43 +0000, Pete Fisher
wrote:

My nephew is a 'boarder'. To my amazement he also informs me that my
Dynastar 185s are ridiculously, unfashionably long.

Later, as I relaxed and forgot what I was wearing, once or twice I
tried to steer the skis around at low speed, as is my habit, by sort
of rolling the outside knee inwards and slightly stepping the inside
ski into the turn. Here I found that I now had a rapidly diverging
pair of skis...

I have only tried modern carvers (170s) at the Tamworth Snow Dome. TBF
the Dynastar 185s are probably a tad long for me anyway but they were a
bargain second hand from Snow and Rock 20 years ago.

I last used them in 2004 at Mont Dore (Espace Sancy). They were indeed
hard work for rapid direction changes, but they were invigoratingly fast
where you could schuss a bit.

Actually, now that you mention it, my old skis were more stable in a
straight line (hardly surprising) and they always had a good glide on
shallow runs.

--
-Pip