Old March 7th 06, 07:31 AM

Martin Thornquist wrote:

My main point was in the part you snipped, that there is a continuum
from perfectly groomed tracks which I wouldn't call "backcountry" via
several categories down to marked routes only done once in a while
with snowmobile to maintain marking and pack the snow somewhat. What
do you call backcountry and what not?

Here is one of of the latter flavour,
http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/no2005-1.jpg

This is, allegedly, a marked trail (or so we were led to believe!)
between 2 DNT huts. Didn't seem much like track skiing to us... ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK