Old March 7th 06, 07:00 AM

[ Eugene Miya ]

In article ,
Martin Thornquist wrote:
I meant to say thin -- from a bit North of Trondheim to Lofoten Norway
is just the coastline and a bit more, no space for large (in all
directions) areas of anything.

Narrow like Chile?

Narrow, that's the word.

But you have Fjords.
That's all that matters.

It's interesting to see how the communities stretched out
traditionally on the coast, especially up North. It's very clear that
your neighbor is the one across the fjord, not the one on the other
side of the mountain. It's just the last little while that we have had
roads and tunnels and cars that travel over land has become easier
than on the sea.

Martin
--
"An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
-Paul Graham, On Lisp