Old February 14th 04, 06:59 PM
Kenny1111

Default Good skiing closish to Boston or New York for day trip.

In article ,
says...
Gore has some of the nicest glade skiing of any of the big resorts. The
bottom section of the mountain has a few very long glades that make you feel
very alone and very much in the middle of nowhere. If you take your time,
you can spend upwards of half an hour in them at a time.

Jon

I've skied Gore a lot, and when their glades are open they are a lot of
fun (and they are open now, or so the webpage says), but they don't get
as much snow as VT, and also over groom the trails. That aside, Gore
would probably end up being a more driving than VT resorts (at least
Killington and south) if he is starting in NYC/Boston and ending up in
CT. Especially if he is starting in Boston, I'd stick to VT/NH.