Old February 13th 04, 07:48 PM
Jerry Albro

Default Good skiing closish to Boston or New York for day trip.

Well, I'm heading up to Gore Mountain for 4 days. I've never been to
Gore before, but it looks look the fun factor should be equal or better
than Snow, which is where I normally go. It's probably about 45 minutes
further north than Snow, but most of the trip is straight up the thruway
(87). It has about 2100 vertical feet, about 500 more than Snow and it
looks like conditions are quite good right now. 7 of 8 named glades are
open. I can give a little post-trip report Tues night or Weds if you like.

- Jerry

Trail map : http://www.goremountain.com/mountain/i/maplarge.jpg

Greg Hilton wrote:
I asked this question last year and ended up heading to Mount Snow, where I
had a good time despite the bitter cold.

so same question again, Who has good conditions within a similiar drive
time as Mount Snow? Last year it took me a touch under 5 hours with one
stop for coffee. I will only get one days skiing in.

I could fly into either Boston or New York, but need to head back to
Trumbull, CT on the evening after I ski...so would want to be within say a
4 or 5 hour drive of there.

I mostly ski Europe, off-piste and difficult runs, so am after
anything good and reasonably challenging

thanks in advance,

Greg