Old February 13th 04, 06:04 PM
Monique Y. Herman

Default Good skiing closish to Boston or New York for day trip.

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated.] On
2004-02-13, JQ penned:

Hi Greg,

If you go north you can hit Wild Cat and Attitash Bear both in NH or
got a little further north and do Sunday River in Maine From Boston
to Attitash Bear is about 2.5 hrs to Wild Cat about 3 hrs and 4.5 hrs
and 5 hrs respectively back to Trumbull and to Sunday River about 3
hrs and 5.5 hours to Trumbull. For a wider range of skiing I would
recommend Sunday River also best snow conditions and for steep and
narrow Wild Cat or Attitash in that order.

My favorite is Sunday River, it has everything that the East skiing
offers, White Heat one of the Steepest runs in the East, one side semi
groomed and other moguls. It has several other nice mogul runs to wow
the legs, it has several tree runs, several very nice cruiser runs and
other steep wide runs. The crowds would be nonexistent on a Monday,
there are I think 7 mountain peaks and each offers different skiing.
It would take 2 to 3 days skiing to really get the most out of the
place. Since you have great skiing experience you wouldn't have any
problems getting around.

I second the vote for Sunday River. Fun place. It's the best skiing
I've done in the East.

--
monique