Old October 20th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

On 10/20/10 8:18 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
On Oct 20, 4:48 pm, "Bob wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Is he from those places where everyone must ski the powder in exact
the same radius turns so that the tracks fit side-by-side?

Spooning turns is not a requirement - just courtesy. Courtesy is not
often seen these days. You maybe have heard of the "Tragedy of the Commons?"

It also takes skill to turn where you want, not where the ski/board
wants. Such skill is also lacking these days - everyone is depending on
the latest equipment to remove the need for skill and experience, and it
apparently so serves. Plenty of unskilled skiers out in the fresh (and
everywhere else.)

Well, if
people have trouble dealing with other people's tracks in powder they
should consider investing in modern rockered powder skis

Or just learn how to ski. Dancing in the chop is fun. Last year I used
15 year old Snow Rangers I found leaning on a wall here in Truckee.
Excellent skis for chop and powder (and junk and cement.)