Old February 18th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Back country boarding in New England .. I had some fun today

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:34:37 GMT, "
allegedly wrote:

So I walked in about 3 miles or so
on this snowmobile trail and snowboarded all the way out. The trail
was about 12 feet wide and I didn't wear a helmet so I could hear
approaching snowmobiles more easily. It was rather fun. I just
happened to find this trail, it's not mentioned in the book. I liked
the quiet and solitude (except for a few snowmobiles) compared to ski
areas.

I don't have any advice on trails for you, but if you don't have any
training in back country travel or avalanche awareness, then could I
suggest that you get some.

Riding and hiking in the back country takes on a whole new set of risks
that just don't factor in when your riding the local ski hill.

Sounds like you had a great time. With the right training and some like
minded friends, you should have many more.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/