Old February 20th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

Default Can I set my own bindings?

JQ wrote:
In your description there was/were initial motion to get the torque reading
even though the item the torque was being applied to did not move. I
believe in order to get a torque reading an applied pressure must first be
used and to apply pressure some form of motion must occur first, no matter
how small the distance it covers there still must be movement.
I believe the question is how we get our torque measurement. The applied
torque reading as with a torque wrench or the working/developed torque
reading as with a running engine.

You mean due to the compliance of the wrench? That's pretty much
beside the point, no? Use an infinitely stiff wrench. But yes. Even at
the molecular level, molecules get closer together. Physics is full of
"infinite" assumptions. Otherwise, they'd call it
engineering. Otherwise you have to deal with material properties,
quantum effects, and Heisenberg's Pet Peeve.

-klaus