Old July 15th 03, 11:21 AM
Switters

Default Trip Report: Tamworth

08:45, the sun is beating down and it feels like it's already hit 25C.
Getting the boots on at the car is hot work, and I'm keen to gain
altitude.

09:00, a little higher now, and the sun has disappeared completely.
Still warm though, so still in just a t-shirt.

09:10, at the top, visibilty is limited due to the airborne water
vapour, but the temperature is now a little above zero. Time to put the
fleece on.

09:30, had a few runs now... got some carving going with my new binding
positions. Feels nice.

10:00, the fog is lifting as the temperature rises. Had a few small
jumps and grabs. Fakie is easier with new angles too. Slope is getting
busier now.

11:00, no sign of the early morning fog. Arms are beginning to ache
from the rope tow. Met a couple of locals who show me some new tricks
to try out.

12:00, coming to the end of the session now, slope is practically
emptied with only 6 of us left. Time to get some fast runs in and go
for whatever.

12:15, coffee shop.

Full on 3 hours of fun inside a huge refrigerator.

It's been 2 years since I went to snowdome. A couple of changes, but
mostly the same. Still has the same bad points, but you can't beat a few
spins and carves in the middle of summer. Not quite Mt Blanc, but still
enjoyable.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail