Old October 16th 04, 03:30 AM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
JQ wrote:
"The Real Bev" wrote:

Anybody remember whether the red ones had foam or wood cores?

I have a pair here, is there a way to tell?

Yeah. Saw 'em in half. What else ya gonna do with 'em?

Hey, those are my NEW skis! I'm just wondering if I should baby them.

Well you could always buy another pair from a garage sale and saw one
of those in half. Might be worth the $3.50 to find out, and you'd
have a spare ski.

You're no help!

Or you could just ski on them and not worry about it. As lal put it
so succinctly, given the life expectancy of skis and the life
expectancy of skiers, *all* skis are rock skis. (paraphrased)

I don't mind scratches, but I'd hate to break them in half. Not all
that likely, I must admit... Mostly I just like the idea of wood rather
than foam.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Arguing on the internet is like running a race in the Special