Old September 21st 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Clark[_2_]

Default Zermat

In message
"Michael Chare" wrote:

"BrritSki" wrote in message

and the lift system really REALLY sucks, taking up to 2 hours to
get from the base to the very top on 3 different lifts.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I would point out that the Furi to
Riffelberg lift which was built a few years ago did make it much
easier to get between the various areas. You can now get to Rothorn
and back quite easily from Cervinia.

I've been skiing in Zermat twice, once last year April 2009 and once
about 10 years earlier. Both were as a result of completing Haute Route
style ski-tours in Zermat. It has some excellent off-piste routes and
also some accessible mountain tours (the Breithorn is a reasonable 4000m
tick) but I wouldn't want to spend too much time there for on piste
skiing. Part of the problem is the clientele that the resort attracts. I
spent too long standing in queues surrounded by fur clad, loud speaking,
americans, discussing their recent investments, corporate takeovers,
paychecks, tax bills, filmshoots etc etc.

--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,