Old February 9th 06, 02:20 PM

" cupra" wrote in message
Norman wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Norman wrote:
"Ace" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:38:42 GMT, "Norman"
wrote:

(snip)

Speeds of up to 100mph are recorded on some of the faster Downhill
events on the World Cup circuit, so I'd suspect that your readout
was correct and that your friend was misinformed.

Excellent. I'll forward this to him in that case.

Ta.

Don't attempt to match him heading home from the Mooserwirt after
closing!

I won't. He hasn't had a drop for ten years. He does get through some
skunk though which I thought might help my skiing on a particurlarly
steep red so gave it a go. I just lay down beside the piste and slept
for an hour. He later told me it was called Coma.

lol - don't do that at -30 though!

All previous attempts to keep up with him have ended in spectacular
spills. The only thing that saves me is that he's totally unfit and
has to stop every few minutes so we usually get to the bottom within
about 30 secs of each other as I'm only semi-unfit.

My problems my knees - they only allow me 1/2 day of full on boarding
these days before I have to take it a little easier! (next holiday is
planned for NZ next August so plenty of time to get them seen to!)

Good luck. I know a particularly attractive seasonaire who'll be in NZ in
August.

Is boarding harder or easier on the knees do you think?

Tendonitis in my knee made me stop playing football a few years ago and it
flares up if I do much running, but to my eternal joy and amazement it
doesn't seem to mind skiing at all. Phew.