Old January 17th 09, 12:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default Italy recommendations

Switters wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:04:41 GMT, Ace allegedly
wrote:

You might try Gressonay, lift-linked with Champoluc and Alagna. Great
off-piste[1] without having to hike too much, and a reasonable amount
of cruisy stuff, although it's not huge. Nice hotel (Jolanda Sport) at
base of lift with decent food and a very reasonably-priced wine list.

Nice one, thanks.

We've spent 2 weeks there and will definitely go back.

First time was at the Hotel Sciattolo sp?) which was OK apart from the
food - not much choice and small portions.

Last time we stayed at the Hotel Dufour which was much better. Nice
rooms, superb food and bar and also free wifi iirc. Also a 2 minute walk
to a chairlift...