Old June 16th 08, 11:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default A Cycling Question Related To Nordic Skiing

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 03:43:27 -0700 (PDT), ADK Skier
wrote:

I've cycled for many years, but always road conservatively. My roadie
friends say I need to ride bigger gears to become faster. However from
many years of cycling I noticed it kicks my butt for returning to hill
bounding, ski walking, running, and roller skiing. The legs never feel
fresh. Is this something which will pass after several months of
getting acclimated to moving bigger gears? Perhaps JT can share some
of his cycling/nordic experience.

I don't really know since I don't ski train much until Novemberish.
The only insight I can add is that it's easy to overdo it in cycling
with big distance, etc.

Well, the other thing is that my legs feel pretty much the same after
riding as after skiing the same time period, so maybe if you get used
to it you won't have a problem