Old August 25th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Gunde

Default What's the secret to long glide with poles?

On Aug 24, 5:36*pm, Jim Whalen NULL wrote:
On Aug 17, 12:41*pm, Gunde wrote:

Here are some technique sites I have listed befohttp://www.roberts-1..com/xcski/skat...mhttp://www.no...

and these are technique videos I like:http://gear-west.stores.yahoo.net/ne...//gear-west.st...

Hey Gunde, you seem like a knowledgable person - what would you
recommend as a video training tool for a CLASSIC skier? I suppose I am
"intermediate" - I've been skiing a long time, but am almost
completely self-taught. *I am now doing marathons, and want to make
sure my form is efficient.

Jim,

Thus is the nature of internet chat groups that a 52yr old mediocre
skier can seem knowledgable! I too am almost completely self-taught.
I have grown to love classic technique, but am still a long way from
perfection. In the pursuit of self-teaching, I like these videos:
Lee Borowski's: http://gear-west.stores.yahoo.net/newsiseofst.html
and the US ski team's: http://gear-west.stores.yahoo.net/uscrtefu.html

Maybe others can chime in.