Old January 15th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,alt.rec.hiking,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.backcountry
Puppet_Sock

Default Canada Topo/Ski Maps

wrote:
Hi guys. I will go skiing/skimountaineering in Canada in Febraury and
I'm wondering which are the best maps for trekking/skiing in that
area. I'm referring to 1:25,000 (1cm=25,000cm) scale or 1:50,000.

I'd suggest getting in touch with the folks who operate whatever
area you are considering skiing in. They will probably have some
good info on what maps to get. For example, if you are going to
a national or provincial park, there are often orgs with names like
"Friends of parkname" that produce excellent maps for just this
kind of thing. They charge some fee like $10 for a map, and the
money goes to help support their conservation and trail maintenance
efforts. For example, if you were going to Algonquin, there is just
such an org, and you want to buy their maps.
Socks