Old December 2nd 03, 02:48 PM
Yello snow

Default What is it with graphics on boards ...

I have looked at Donek, a couple of years ago. But the postage and
taxes where at the time prohibitive (I live in the UK). I did however
have another look at the web-site and they have sorted that issue out
– and the incline (which would seem to sort me out) comes in at £100
cheaper than the Timeless. :-)

"Mike T" wrote in message . ..
Who does there market research, have they not realised that not all of
use are metal heads or teenagers ?

rant

They probably *do* realize that, yet still think that such graphics will
sell more boards. I've said it before and I'll say it again: One way
to make money is to target your product at people who will buy it and
not use it very much. That way you don't spend a lot on product
support, warranties, etc. I believe more and more companies are using
this strategy on more and more of their product lines. In some cases
I've stopped buying from the larger manufactures altogether (boards),
and in some cases I've started hoarding older equipment (I have an extra
pair of 01-02 Salomon Malamutes that I'm saving for when my current pair
dies)

/rant

In any case, at the risk of sounding like a broken record (or a skipping
CD these days I guess!) you might look to a company like Donek for
something that IMHO would outperform the Timeless*, and you'd get to
choose your own graphics.

Mike T

* I took one demo run on a Timeless about 4 years ago, they might have
changed since then... or not.