Old March 28th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Default Boards: Soft vs. Hard

Christian Georg Becker wrote:
Switters schrieb:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:59:56 GMT, "Bob F"
allegedly wrote:
go up this weekend and try it out. Once, you go soft, youll never go
back.
How does it do at speed? On ice? Hard carves?

Not very well, I would think, but then you knew that It's one
reason I moved from the Burton Floater to the Canyon, and then to Doneks.

Ok, that I could have guessed. But how is a softer board off piste in
deep snow?

Soft is better in the deep but on the other hand, you can ride damn near
anything short of a race board in the deep, it's just a matter of how
hard you want to work. I have a Coiler AM with a 21.5 cm waist that is
guaranteed stiffer than the boards 99.9% of the people ride, and it
works fine in powder although admittedly I haven't had it in bottomless
fluff.

Neil