Old March 27th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Your Mom Says

Default Boards: Soft vs. Hard

I have been riding for years and never really thought the board mattered
all that much. I know some boards are lighter than others and obviously
that matters but I guess I thought that was it. I always rode on
pretty stiff boards because that is what ended up in my possession from
friends, or sales, or garbage cans. But I was up riding in NH last
weekend and tried a softer/springier board and it was like a while diff
world. It is like getting in a supercharged mini after driving an old
rusty cutlas for too long. It was awesome. You can jump higher off the
tail with no hit necessary. You can run from tip to tail when you hit a
flat part (I learned it wasnt me who sucked at this, it was my board).
So, I had a shorter softer board which I have never used yet...found it
in the garbage last year, long story. But I cant wait to go up this
weekend and try it out. Once, you go soft, youll never go back.