Old April 8th 06, 08:22 PM

Sorry to hear that...

Why not just buy other wheels? In the scooter and blading world there's
loads of options. I've even seen speed reducing bearings or rings of sorts.

Pretty lame to tell people they're rollerskiing incorrectly. Especially if
it's more than one person. Thank goodness for modern media so users can
exchange experiences.

Semi-related : in the 80's I was skateboarding. I wanted faster bearings,
and my dad asked a friend in the bearing business. What I got was
super-highend industrial bearings, expensive, slow, but durable. Slow might
just be the ticket for rollerski's.
I later took the slow bearings out, as my dad wanted them for the washing
machine that had bad bearings. I bought faster ones from the skate shop.
I wonder how slow some industrial bearings get, and what speeds they can
handle. Loads won't be the problem at least.

"ADK Skier" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Last spring I wrote about my Aero 100SR wheels wearing out after only
70km. I got no where with the company after calling them. Their mantra
over the years to defend all the Aero tires premature wear is to state
people are roller skiing incorrectly. I'm finally going to give up on
Jenex and try Jesenik roller skis from the Czech Republic. Apparently
you can buy online skate and classic roller skis for less than $100
with shipping. I always felt roller skis were over priced anyway.