Old November 22nd 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alex Heney

Default ski pass

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:26:51 +0000 (UTC), Brian McIlwrath
wrote:

Alex Heney wrote:

: Some tour operators will take visa on the bus for passes etc.

: Certainly Thomson did last year in the Dolomites.

But always (in my experience!) in sterling at a poor exchange rate!!

No, they were charging in Euros, so the exchange rate was whatever
your card company gave you.

And they were charging exactly the same as the window price at the
ticket office - 171 Euros for 6 days.

I still didn't buy from them, because I thought (correctly) we would
arrive in time for me to get an hour or two skiing that evening, and 8
days instead of 7 was only 10 euros extra, while a day ticket would
have been 23 Euros.

I got about 1½ hours extra skiing in for that 10 Euros :-)
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates, 1981