Old November 21st 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alun Evans

Default ski pass

On Tue 21 Nov '06 at 12:04 Ace wrote:

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:20:42 -0000, "stephenjwalker"
wrote:

hello
family going to passo tonale in mid jan the only thing i have yet to book is
lift passes. does it make any difference to price booking with thomas
cook -- or on line or waiting till we get there ( It will be very late sat
night before we get there )

Normally the only difference is that if you prebook you'll save
queuing and it'll be there at breakfast the next morning.

Well.

My experience is that they will be there after you've been forced to endure
the "extras" hard sell, here's the key:

James Bond experience: skidos round a lame track
Luxury Treatment : the local thermal spa
Bar crawl : Rep's moonshine in empty bars

If they're electronic, don't forget to return the passes yourself, you'll
probably get some money back. (I'm not sure that's applicable in Passo).

Be aware, though, that you'll be required to have money and photos
(depending on resort, but some still use them) ready on the bus from the
airport,

Well, not the money, the money is normally taken up front in the UK, in GBP.

If they're making you pay on the bus, they'll charge you some crazy 5% credit
card fee.

so if you'd rather not waste money on UK exchange rates or hunt for
an ATM at the airport you may prefer to get your own.

Of course, if the resort lets you buy them online, and mails them to you, that
is just perfect...

A.