Old December 7th 04, 08:58 PM
Mary Malmros

lal_truckee wrote:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

On 2004-12-07, lal_truckee penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Anyway, the salesguy made several claims that I'd like to have
confirmed/denied/discussed:

1) He claimed that leather gloves are warmer than other materials due
to being less porous than fabrics, which are woven.

Wrong

Wrong as in, leather isn't the warmest, or wrong as in, his explanation
doesn't make sense? If the former, what *is* the warmest?

Leather IS porous, and breaths, so you have to wax it to waterproof it,
regularly - a forgotten art - noone maintains gear anymore - they
replace it.

I use Sno-Seal on my Sorels, and I'm wondering if it makes sense to use
it on my gloves as well. Whadja think?

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.