Old September 21st 04, 07:52 AM
Peter Riley-Jordan

Jorg -

You'll have a great time in Canada, Feb should not be too cold but do keep
an eye on the temperatures via the web. It did hit -35c last year! but not
for long.

I have been very happy with my visits to Banff and Lake Louise, they have a
vast area between them, great for all levels and excellent ski schools.

Stay in the Banff area and do the hop to L.L. as the night life is better in
Banff. If you purchase a Tri-area pass transportation is free. Lots of other
things to do if you want a day off skiing. As to the difficulty rating I
have not experienced Europe, but I expect you will have some replies to
cover that.

If you do get to Lake Louise, make sure you try the "Back Bowls", as it does
not get busy at all and it opens up a whole area to ski.

I went for a honeymoon, and have been back 2 more times. Accommodation to
suit all ranges, The ski bus stops close to all the majors hotels.

Peter

"Jorg" wrote in message
Hi,

Thinking of a skiing holiday in Canada for the first time (with an
European party), I'd be happy with some starting points and timing
ideas.

In Europe, we tend to choose februari, to have some sun but still be
sure of snow- the latter might not be a problem in Canada though.

Being intermediate, we would take also a couple of beginners that
would need some nice stretch of the Canadian equivalent of European
'blue' slopes- but I have some problems in judging the difficulty
rating when looking at the internet sites of the most popular resorts-
what should I look at?

Any help appriciated,

Jorg