Old September 24th 03, 07:25 PM
David Off

Default Murder at Grand Bornand [ Espace Killy opening weekend]

PG wrote:

The younger daughter had potential. She was at the Nationals (Coq d'Or)
with mine in Alpe d'Huez, just a couple of months before the family
disappeared. Horrific.

I remember you were at l'alpe d'Huez. Laetitia Flactif is the daughter
who was talented at skiing and had aroused some jealousy amongst the locals.

There is a haunting picture in Paris Match of the parents and kids in
their ski gear at Grand Bornand.

Can you imagine? Killing the whole family and dumping their bodies in a
ravine then moving in to one of their chalets? Shocking. I should
mention that the alleged murderer (I think he has admitted it) is not
from Grand Bornard but from the North. But apparently, like an Agatha
Christie novel, the police had no shortage of locals who were in the frame.

With land prices doubling over the last couple of years you can maybe
understand that this arouses strong passions when outsiders move into a
fairly closed mountain community.