Old March 17th 04, 12:58 AM
Mike T

Default Binding straps don't release easily - ideas?

I have a pair of Ride bindings on a board I got used recently.
The bindings don't release easily. Rather than just pulling on
the release lever, I frequently have to lift the tightening lever
a bit as I pull the release lever to get them to let go.
Sometimes, it takes several tries before they release. Does
anyone have suggestions for how to fix this? I'm thinking a
little silicone on the straps, but don't know if this would cause
problems.

As with a lot of strap bindings, make sure you're pulling on the release
level squarely and not twisting it or the strap when you pull. That can
make it stick. You'll probably get used to it in time.