Old January 3rd 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Ken Roberts

Default Science of Skiing

Isaac Nordic_Addict wrote
About the wax pocket. I know that the "boundaries" of the
kick zone are not stationary. I can explain it more, but I was
simply trying to explain it in layman's terms.

OK that makes sense. And explaining things "in layman's terms" is very
valuable (and difficult) task.

But then how about do not title your paper "The Science ... "
Because most "laymen" will not read something called "The Science".
.. (and Wow, not just "some science" or "some scientific concepts behind",
but _The_ Science. Sounds like the text needs to be copied onto a sheet of
platinum and stored in a special room in the museum.)

Maybe instead you could try a title like, "How three hours of mildly
carcinogenic labor beforehand could save you thirty seconds of time out
skiing", with subtitle "and leave your ever-supportive Significant Other
grateful for an extra three hours of peace + quiet".

Ken