Old March 11th 04, 03:48 PM
sknyski

Default Skating in citizen classic races

I also hate herringbone at present and am almost sympathetic to someone doing
diag-skate just to keep moving.

So you're saying that it's ok to "wimp skate" in places because a) you
don't like herringbone, or b) it's to slow? Herringbone IS SUPPOSED
to be slow, it's just walking up a hill. The only way to do it faster
is to run.

Again (see other post), if you're not going to play by the rules in a
striding race, then don't enter. Stick with your stupid skating races
that are increasingly becoming the domain of off-season triathlon
geeks and cyclists who can do well because, well, skating fast
requires minimal proficiency on skis.

bt (who was upset to learn this year that he can't skate-turn around
corners in a striding race if there is a track there. what does he do
now? he lives by the rules! what a concept!)

If I've upset anyone, I apologize. A half hour of NPR should calm you
down.