Old November 29th 03, 12:27 AM
Alex Heney

Default Ski Trip from hell!

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:52:31 +0100, "PG"
wrote:

"funkraum" wrote in message
.. .
"Dean Kellett" wrote:

[...]
transfer buses etc.
French motorways are "snooker table smooth" and remember the longer you

stay
on the motorway the cheaper it is per mile (back to the first statement,
plan your route, fuel up off the motorway) Driving is easy and the

driving
standards are generally better than in the UK especially when it comes to
lane discipline!

I've not found driving standards in France so hot, but perhaps things have
changed in the UK since I last drove there regularly? Tailgating and inside
overtaking are the rule if you're at a mere 130/140 kph on the autoroute.

If inside overtaking is possible, then the person being overtaken is
in the wrong lane.

roundabouts. And as for respecting red lights... Still, there are far less
accidents per head in France, although that might be something to do with
the congestion on British roads.

The UK has the best record in the world for deaths and serious
injuries per million vehicle (or passenger) kilometres, according to
official statistics. I have seen several sites listing comparative
statistics, and while the actual numbers vary a little, they are
remarkably consistent in the relative numbers between different
countries.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
These are only my opinions. You should see my convictions.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom