Old December 22nd 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Jack O

Default Detuning

I agree with Neil. A flat board will follow the natural camber and you
can catch it if it misbehaves. Relaxing into it isn't always easy but
it comes with time.

I'm no expert at setting up a board, but it does sound to me like it
needs detuning, from your description - maybe have a shop look at it
for you?

Thanks. I think that I am catching on. Before I left for SLC Utah
last week, I detuned just slightly as I was instructed by my local
shop. After a few days at Brighton and Solitude, my confidence on the
flats was much increased and I didn't worry about it anymore. Just
being more relaxed seemed to help a lot.

BTW, conditions were great!

Thanks,
Jack