Old November 8th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier

Default Renting Ski boots

DZN wrote:
In order not to have to carry my skis across the country and put up with
airline hassles and charges and in order to ski on skis made for Western
conditions I rent skis when travelling, as opposed to bringing my skinny
Eastern skis with me. A season ski rental package at Vail has no discount
for not renting boots. Traditionally, I wear my own boots since they fit me
the way I like, having custom footbeds and having been compressed into the
shape of my feet after 7 or so seasons. The question is, has boot
technology changed enough that it is worth trying the rental boots. I've
purchased the most expensive ski rental package so I know I wont get the
super loose impossible to ski in boots. But the questions is, have boots
changed enough in 7 years that skiing on new rental boots will have a chance
of being better than skiing on my molded-to-my-own-foot boots?

See my response at RSA.