Old August 31st 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Favorite time for Aspen?

On Aug 30, 5:39 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:

Here's a picture of me skiing La Plata peak(14.3k ft) in the Sawatch
range between Leadville and Aspen:

Yawn... Skiing is a winter thing. Scraping the sastrugi in early summer
doesn't impress me. Only an idiot would try that on the skillet. So we're
basically back to the Cheney response. Unless you have something along the
lines of blower tickling your scrotum somewhere in your photo memoirs. You
haven't demonstrated any skiing that requires some semblance of rudimentary
avalanche forecasting skills. Or even the need for a traceiver, shovel, or
probe.

You only impress recreational skiers who are incapable of discriminating
between an intermountain and a continental snow pack. "A kiss on the cheek
might be quite continental," Marilyn used to sing. Go get some goods
next February and try again. (Watch Baker rave about marine snow
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

It appears you are tryng to come across as mean and obnoxious as
Scott, but you always end up sounding more like Bert.

And if you don't appreciate the difference, a little study is in
order.