Old January 5th 04, 03:22 AM
Joe Ramirez

Default Snowboarding or skiing?

"Christoph" wrote in message
y.telekom.at...

--- I'm leaning toward snowboarding (freeride, not freestyle), for
a couple of reasons.

i have a question... what do you mean by freeride? snowboarding differs 2
different types of binding/boots... freestyle and alpine. is alpine what

you
mean by freeride? i dont know the expression freeride for alpine... never
heard

Well, remember that I'm no expert, but from what I've read, "freeride" is
sort of in between freestyle and alpine, though closer to the latter. The
emphasis is on going down the slope rather than on jumping or doing tricks,
but perhaps without alpine's emphasis on speed and race-oriented equipment.

Thanks,

Joe Ramirez