Old November 2nd 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Sandi M.

Default Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Walt,

thanks for all the hints!
Just one last thing: can you recommend some lodging in the Ogden area in
case we'll go skiing (hope we will!) in Powder Mountain?

Alex

Walt wrote:
Sandi M. wrote:
Walt wrote:

Sandi M. wrote:

Try this place: http://www.utahvacationhomes.com/default.aspx

We rented one of their units last December - quite affordable,
convienently located.

looks nice, but as everywhere they're rising the prices during the
holidays.

Yeah, Xmas week + skiing == high prices for accomodations.

Think we stay in SLC downtown.

Well, there's definitely better food to be had in SLC proper.

Haven't checked it out, but
there's supposed to be a good bus system to the resorts as well,
right? If
not- we got a car

I'd plan on using the car. There is a bus that goes up the LCC & BCC
canyons, which is handy for when the road is closed to non-4WD vehicles,
but other than that I would plan on renting a car and driving. You
don't want to spend 3 hours on the bus everyday.

The "easy" was related to Brighton only. Yeah, I heard that it's kind of
crowded on weekend. We'll avoid going there on weekends!

It's the only SLC resort where kids ski free. Throngs of Mormon
families show up by the busload on Saturday. Sunday, they're in church,
so that day's not too bad. Especially if you're planning on spending
the day off the beaten path. HINT: check out the Sol-bright trail.