Old January 29th 06, 03:42 PM

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:22:55 -0800, "red" wrote:

Hello:

I am looking to find out if and where there are reasonable snowshoeing
options in the Southern Sierra. I am well acquainted with routes in the
Tahoe and Central/High Sierras but since I am coming from LA, I would like
to know where the first set of "good" routes might be driving north from LA
(either on the west or east side of the Sierras).

I would suggest calling the Inyo NF and asking about access to the
Golden Trout Wilderness. Nine mile road will take you to elevation
from the east side, but I'm not sure how far it goes in the winter.

http://www.kernvalley.com/news/gldtrout.htm

hth;

DCraig.