Old January 19th 05, 05:30 PM
Edog

Mike T wrote:
The custom feels awesome, but I have to say that it doesn't last

too long.
My friend had one and after about a season and a half, the board

became
too noodly. He had a 158 i think of the 02-03 season. Plus Burton

only
gives out 1 year warranty..... there are plenty of other brands out

there
that can exceed it in that department.

I has similar issues w/ a 99/2000 Custom 160 losing stiffness and pop

quickly. I was in the upper end of the weight range. I have

always
suspected they simply published too wide a weight range and I was

just
fatiguing the board with my weight...

Yep, same here. I really enjoyed my Custom for its short life. I demoed
newer ones, and it is stil a fine board, but I'm not into disposables.

I've heard the Custom X is Burton's response to that problem -- but
once burned twice shy.