Old March 30th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_3_]

Default Oslo snow conditions.

Colin Blackburn wrote:
If anyone has a direct link to maps for any trails originating in
Gardermoen or Nannestad it would be great to have that. So far the maps
I have found by googling and trying to follow links in Norwegian have
tended to be the area a little to the west of Gardermoen. Though the
hotel assures me there are trails less than 200m from there so I'll
probably just suck it and see.

The closest big trailhead would probably be Eltonåsen:

http://www.skiforeningen.no/markadb/showpoi.cgi?id=871

The trails starting here have been groomed lately:

http://maps.google.no/?q=http://www....pestatus/8.kml

This is about 10 mins drive from the airport, but it seems very likely
that there are some local trails much closer. The main issue would be
which hotel you're staying at, since the airport runways go on both
sides of the airport area, leaving little room for trails.

Terje