Old January 9th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Sean[_2_]

Default This board needs a thread...let's talk carving

I'm preparing for my annual pilgrimage westward to the rockies with the
family. Doing a little online research on technique, I found video on
youtube from extremecarving.com. What is it about alpine boards that makes
those deep carves easier than a standard board? I've tried to lay down on
deep turns, but I reach a point in the turn where it seems as if I've
pressed a nitrous button and speed increases dramatically through the arc.
It's a great feeling, but sometimes a bit marginal on the control. What's
the secret?

Hope everyone is have a good season....

Sean